Thrilled with the news, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America issued a press release with posts on their website, Facebook page and their magazine Living Lutheran announcing the historic action of the ELCA's "first openly transgender bishop..." (See below)
The news has been picked up by many national news outlets including this one from NPR.
The ELCA mocks God. They mock God's Word. They lead others astray and they twist the Truth. The ELCA:
- Supports abortion, even paying for employee's and their family's abortions.
- Celebrates homosexuality, same-sex marriage and allows practicing gay pastors.
- Teaches universalism, that all are saved and that there is nobody going to hell.
- They ordain transgender pastors.
- Continually signals out Israel, the only Jewish nation, for condemnation, seeking to harm them.
- Teaches evolution.
- Publicizes and advocates their leftist political beliefs.
- Denigrates the truth of Scripture.
- Uses gender neutral or feminine words for God.
- Pays for sex change drugs and surgery of those on their insurance plan.
- Allows goddess worship.
I can no longer have any respect for anyone who remains in the ELCA. That includes churches that remain too, from the very smallest to the biggest (the ELCA's Lutheran Church of Hope in West Des Moines and Nazareth Lutheran in Cedar Falls, to name a few). Shame on you for staying in a denomination that is not Christian but is leading people into sin and away from Jesus. Your participation is your shame and you have no excuse. You can not justify being part of this evil, faith destroying denomination.
(See the new release the ELCA published where they brag "Rohrer is the first transgender bishop in the ELCA" here)