Giving credence to #DecolonizeLutheranism is a disappointing choice by the ELCA but even more ridiculous and shocking is whom Elizabeth Eaton is cavorting with on stage. They are some of the most extreme and radical ELCA leaders around.
Three of the five people on the panel with Presiding Bishop Eaton were:
- "Jessica Davis, Christian Educator and #decolonizeLutheranism Chaplain.
- Rev. Lura Groen, Pastor and #decolonizeLutheranism Chaplain
- Francisco Herrera, Ph. D candidate at LSTC and Convener of #decolonizeLutheranism" (see here)
Let me tell you more about them.
* ELCA Rev. Lura Groen is someone Exposing the ELCA knows well. Pastor Groen is seeking to start a new worship community named “St. Jezebel's Church.” (see here)
She is the pastor who wrote,
"May the Mighty One dance Her fierce dance on all the walls of injustice.
May the Strong, Proud Mama keep all Her babies safe.
May the Femme of all Femmes paint us in beauty.
May the Seductive One change our hearts.
May the Love of the Universe wiggle Her wide hips at you, and wrap Her thighs around you.
May the Promiscuous One make love to you,
And may She rock your world." (see here)
She also wrote "a Liturgical Proclamation of Queer Holiness." (see here)
* Jessica Davis is a signer of the "Naked & Unashamed Statement" which said such things as "We are ELCA Lutherans…The plethora of stories we hear in our conversations demonstrate that life and liberty are being oppressed in the pressure for church leaders to be in marital relationships, or otherwise abstain from all sexual intimacy. The common good of both parishioners and church leaders would benefit from the freedom to be in a variety of healthy relationships…”
"Specific changes we would like to see (with the ELCA) include:
- No longer privileging marriage as the only acceptable form of sexual relationality
- Updating ELCA policies to reflect marriage equality in the United States
- Editing out language that perpetuates heteronormativity and sexual oppression” (see here)
In a blog laced with profanity Jessica Davis writes,
- “when you’re talking to White people, you keep your shit together. People who don’t die for it.”
- “I’m done speaking softly while y’all silently watch our boyfriends, fathers, mothers, daughters, sons slaughtered. I’m going to give voice to the cries of their blood. I know one’y’all will probably murder me for it, but I’m too damn mad to care anymore.” (see here)
* Francisco Herrera was also a panelist. He has gain notoriety for saying,
- It is the "deepest, darkest dreams of so many" ELCA members to kill black people. (see here)
- "...if the God that we serve would condemn such gorgeous souls to eternal torment, let that God stand accursed — and you with him!" (see here)
- "God is a woman… who loves us, who desires us, who wants to make love to us, who longs for us in a perfumed garden, eagerly waiting to give herself to us with passion and abandon.” (see here)
This is the type of people the top bishop of the ELCA is meeting and speaking, elevating their voice and influence. They have the ear of the Presiding Bishop. This is not good news for anyone in the ELCA but this is the direction the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is going.