- admits to being a universalist.
- says the Wiccan goddess "never felt to me like a substitute for God but simply another aspect of the divine, like God's aunt or something."
- called the 12 disciples "real f**k-ups."
- said "nobody believes every line of the creed.”
- doesn't believe in the substitutionary atonement of Christ.
- said some of what Paul wrote in the Bible was "not necessarily the Word of God" but just his "snotty opinions." (see here for all the above points)
- swears constantly.
- supports Planned Parenthood. (see here)
- presided over a re-naming liturgical rite for one of her transgender church members. (see here)
- was the main writer of a document that said “WE DENY that sexual attraction for the same sex is outside the natural goodness of God’s original creation…” and “WE DENY that it is sinful to approve of queer identities and that such approval constitutes an essential departure from Christian faithfulness and witness.” (see here)
- said "One of the more interesting things folks will say to me is: ‘I’m not religious or anything, I just hope that being a good person is enough.’ To which I always want to say… ‘enough for what?’ … avoiding the punishment of burning in the eternal fires of some kind of imaginary hell?” (see here)
- signed the Naked and Unashamed statement, part of which said “We are ELCA Lutherans…The plethora of stories we hear in our conversations demonstrate that life and liberty are being oppressed in the pressure for church leaders to be in marital relationships, or otherwise abstain from all sexual intimacy. The common good of both parishioners and church leaders would benefit from the freedom to be in a variety of healthy relationships…” (see here)
- had a drag queen MC Nadia's church Christmas pageant.
Here is how things went when Nadia Bolz-Weber spoke at the 2012 ELCA Youth Gathering.
Teenagers going to the ELCA Youth Gathering will be influenced not just by Nadia Bolz-Weber but by so many ELCA leaders who agree with Nadia.
Do not send your children to the ELCA Youth Gathering. Doing so is putting your young people's Earthly and eternal lives in danger. (by way of their false teachings, world view and theology)